To provide better customer service, reduce losses and increase availability; Sainsbury’s wanted to understand where stock was throughout their supply chain.
The transformation of the logistics system Plan-It, enabled stores to advise when product lines are in stock, or availability in nearby stores leading to better customer service and customer retention.
Working closely with an Allocation & Replenishment project Sainsbury’s started to see when products were needed and what was driving the demand and ultimately optimising product lines in store, availability & reducing loss of margin through reductions. This presented an annual CAPEX saving of £25m and an OPEX saving of over £120,000.View case study
Adding in complementary and convenient services for customers, led to a digital service design, allowing customers to collect online orders, during the aquistion and merger of Argos.
The Click & Collect was successfully delivered at pace and rolled out predominately to the 738 supermarkets and some convenience stores. Also being rolled out to over 500+ Argos stores.
This additional service led to an increase in over 2,650 baskets a week, using an Average Basket Size of £32 equates to £85K increase, which provides over £5.25m in additional annual revenue.View case study
Vauxhall underwent a UX Audit which culminated in a Usability Study, testing the existing site with real life end users to further understand & support quantitate data and expert improvement recommendations. All of the opoortunities & research were then put to good use in producing a prototype mock up of an improved version of the site to then verify with another user group, to verify & measure improvements before they were implemented of the live site.
Once implemented and live these improvements led to 78% increase in online bookings (13,021), using a Average Transaction Value of £79 equates to £1.03m increaseView case study in my profile
AA Loans realised that their online application was under performing in a challenging market. This was an untapped opportunity for them to increase revenue, but they were unsure what was and wasn't working.
A responsive 2 step sign up form was designed, which used an intelligent form to help complete information and form filling best practise.
164% increase in successful application submissions, using a Average Loan Value of £5,000 equates to £33.75m increase. The number of starting the application process and not completing was reduced by 72%, leaving only 28% of total applications not being completedView case study
Resorts World Birmingham needed to develop a touch screen kiosk in their new leisure and retail complex for to promote loyalty, attractions and provide way finding for visitors.View case study
Following on from the major success & overwhelming ROI of the Responsive Web Strategy, Spirit Pub Company needed to outline a vision & approach for a mobile app roadmap to gain engagement from the business.
Engagement from the business was key, so workshops and white papers were created are presented back, which led to the design and development of a white labelled app to be used as a base for all brands, layered on top with brand specific functions and design.iOS Android
Wacky Warehouse needed the ability to book children’s parties & also sell soft play passes. With a new mobile first e-commerce platform integration, they got more than that with an exciting new web presence using their new Digital Pattern Library & Branding Guidelines. Key to sharing knowledge & enabling the business to maintain the ethos & spirit of the build.View Pattern Library
A mix of User Centred Design and common sense help to produce pragmatic solutions to well defined problems.
Discovery of business, customer and user needs help form a strong problem statement, which can then be used to help guide business and design decisions.
This can be set against industry research in order to contextualise the solution in the current and future marketplace.
Ideas are then free to be explored and evaluated against a solid set of objectives, KPI's and the original problem statement. Bringing ideas to life to make them testable with end users is key to understand how well the product is performing.View day in a life (video with sound)